We would love to have you join our team of over 300 volunteer workers, who serve across our camps.
If you are interested in leading on an ESA camp, please contact us or the staff worker for the camp you would like to lead on.
There are plenty of opportunities for you to serve, so get involved!
How to become an ESA Volunteer Worker
There are a few steps to becoming an ESA volunteer worker to ensure the safety of all the campers as well equipping you with all the information you need to serve with us.
- As a prospective Volunteer Worker you will need to read the ESA volunteer worker contract and policies so you know what you are applying for. (No signature is required at this stage)
- You will then fill out the volunteer workers expression of interest form (VWEOIF) and sends it to ESA office along with a Working With Children Card* certified photocopy.
- The next step is to ask a leader in your church to complete the pastoral reference and return it directly to the ESA office. (This is a confidential reference and the you as the prospective volunteer worker does not see the reference)
- The VWEOI and pastoral reference will be read by our human resources team and you will be contacted to notify you of the decision. You will receive one of the following outcomes:
- Yes - ESA has accepted your application to be a volunteer worker. Continue to process #5
- Wait - ESA feels that you need to wait before coming on to team. The reason for this will be communicated with you understand why this decision was reached.
- No - ESA believes that you are not suited to role of volunteer worker. The reason for this will be communicated with you understand why this decision was reached.
- Finally you are required to complete the ESA volunteer worker contract and send it to the ESA office. Once the paperwork has been processed, a letter will be sent to the you confirming your authorisation as an ESA volunteer worker.
- Once confirmed, you will be eligible to apply to join any of the volunteer worker positions available within ESA.
*You are required to have a valid Working With Children Check from your state or territory of residence. You can apply for the Victorian check here online application form for a WWC card
How long does it take to become a Volunteer Worker?
Once the completed VWEOI and pastoral reference are received, it takes approximately 14 days for the human resources team to make their decision and notify the applicant of the team’s decision. If a National Police Check is required, this process will take longer. Please note that ESA does not pay for the National Police Check.